Kickstarters are a great way to raise money, but they’re also exceptional at creating buzz around an upcoming release.
I’ve done four different Kickstarters (and one Indiegogo) for novel projects in the past including:
• Hollow World (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaeljsullivan/hollow-world-a-novel-by-michael-j-sullivan)- which earned more than $32,000 and at the time was the 8th highest funded Fiction Kickstarter in the US.
• The Death of Dulgath (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaeljsullivan/new-riyria-fantasy-novel-the-death-of-dulgath) – which earned more than $90,000 and at the time was the 3rd most-backed Fiction Kickstarter world wide.
• The Disappearance of Winter’s Daughter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaeljsullivan/riyria-fantasy-novel-disappearance-of-winters-daug) – which isn’t quite finished out yet but is already the 2nd-most backed and 6th most-funded Fiction Kickstarter world wide
* Age of Legend (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaeljsullivan/fantasy-novel-age-of-legend-by-michael-j-sullivan) is still running but is currently the 5th most-backed fiction project of all time (world wide) and 5th most-funded.
In this session you’ll learn:
• What is Kickstarter and if it makes sense for you to use it for your next project
• Other crowdfunding sources such as PubSlush, Indiegogo and GoFundMe
• Timing to ensure the best results
• How to determine your pledge levels for best results
• How to use stretch goals to increase contributions
• Third-party tools such as BackerKit and Kicktraq
• And much much more.
I do hope you’ll be able to find time to come to this session as it will be one of the most data packed session I’ll be doing.